in ,

10 Things You Wouldn’t Believe Are Very Harmful


Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep database gives a large number of lipsticks are potentially toxicity. “Neurotoxicity, endocrine disruption, persistence and bio accumulation, organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), additive exposure sources, biochemical or cellular level changes.”

The lead content in the lipstick is the main cause for various problems. It affects the development of brain and they start having problems in language development, with math development.


2. Nail Polish

Many nail polishes contains triplets in conventional nail polish so-called “toxic trio”, which are toluene, dibutyl phthalate (DBP) and formaldehyde. Regulators say that exposure to large amounts of these chemicals has been linked to developmental problems, asthma and other illnesses. However, a number of products claiming to be nontoxic or free of the toxic trio, which includes one or more of the agents in significant levels.

3. Chocolate

White chocolate has the lowest methylxanthine content, but baking chocolate contains the highest, which is poisonous. The darker the chocolate, the higher the potential for clinical problems from methylxanthine poisoning.

4. Air Freshener

These air fresheners are not condensed versions of the natural form, they are full of chemicals and artificial fragrances. Not all, but few of the fresheners contains the hormone-disrupting chemicals known as phthalates, ehich is deadly harm.

5. Rapeseed oil

It is said that the rape plant from which the oil is produced is extremely toxic, and side effects of consuming its oil could include respiratory problems and blindness. However, there has been much controversy about this.

6. Chili peppers

7. Common Mushrooms

There are various varieties of mushrooms available. Around 100 species of mushrooms are said to be dangerous to humans, with symptoms ranging from headaches to seizures or even death. The Little White variety of mushroom was blamed for an estimated 400 deaths in China in 2010.

8. Farmed Salmon

A study found that 13 different toxins – including PCBs, which have been classed as a probable human carcinogen by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are at much higher levels in farm-raised salmon than in wild salmon. So consuming farmed salmon may not be the best way if you are health conscious.

9. Lilies

This beautiful lilies are generally poisonous to cats. However, it is also poisonous to humans due to the alkaloid Lycorine, found in the bulbs and stems of lilies. It causes the symptoms of poisoning due to ingestion of Easter lily (likewise for almost all other true lilies) include abdominal pain, salivation, shivering, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

10. Nutmeg

You’ll be shocked right? But note it only taking nutmeg in a larger amount could harm us. It contains a toxic substance called myristicin, moderate proportions of nutmeg can cause hallucinations, while larger doses can cause convulsions, palpitations, nausea, dehydration and death.

Taking in just 0.2 oz of nutmeg could lead to convulsions, and 0.3 oz could lead to seizures. Eating one whole will supposedly lead to a type of “nutmeg psychosis,” which includes a sense of impending doom.

What do you think?

Written by Daisy

7 Health Benefits From Drinking Coffee

25 Traditional Indian Dishes You Can Easily Make At Home